Official 'What did you do to your car today?' Thread

Is that the brake button? Take it to the dealership. Lol.

That sucks, I have my e-brake being held together with a zip tie, new part to fix it is like 30 bucks... Bad part about not having warranty on the car anymore...

Sorry about the button.... I don't know if EU cars still do this, but back in the 60 / 70's when I lived in the UK , their cars E-brake were made to pull the handle and release it without having to touch the button(makes more since to me). If using it to park, you pull the handle up to hold the car from rolling, then push the button to lock it in the upward position, FWIW/FYI

well now that the button is gone, i realize i can pull the hand brake without the button. just need the button to disengage it. and now without the button it won't disengage unless my foot is on the clutch or brake. which isn't helpful when ur done parking and u jus wanna move the car an inch by pushing it urself n pulling ebrake to stop. n i gotta squeeze my finger into that hole.. i will go to dealer tomorrow. my sunroof shade is also out of alignment and i never remember to say anythin at my oil changes.

Did a few datalogs and some tweaks using the flashpro for my 07 Civic Si yesterday. All the pulls were from using 3rd gear.

1st run: The A/F ratios were really bad. Lol.
1strun.png

2nd run after some changes: It's looking great!
run2.png

3rd run: The line is getting much flatter!It's getting smoother but it got a tad bit leaner before the V-tek crossover. So I'll make some changes. And hopefully on the next run, I get to hit the right a/f.
3rdrun.png

It's also hard to tune the car when I'm using my 15" laptop for street tuning. I'll save up for a net book. Maybe the Acer Inspire One. I heard great things about it.

This is pretty much fuel management and used for maintaining a constant or a target a/f ratio of 13.1 for a 3rd gear WOT load. The car will have a decrease in efficiency when the fuel mixture runs rich and fuel will also get wasted. You can see on my 1st screen shot that the a/f drops way too much and reaches 10.XX to a steady 12.2-12.3ish on the higher RPMs. I also did this to look for lean mixtures. I don't want to risk the engine to blow up. Lol. The a/f is much better on the 3rd screen shot. But some parts are a tad bit leaner than the target ratio. That small 'ditch' that you see if coming from the v-tek crossover. I'm not sure if that's normal or not. But I assume it is. On the bottom line, the whole purpose of this is to keep a steady, or close to constant, air-to-fuel mixture to get a smoother running engine without losing efficiency and wasting unused fuel. This is also useful for a person with flashpro on his/her car before dyno tuning.

I did notice that the engine was running a bit smoother than usual. Or it can be placebo. :giggle:

I guess this is also good for people who track their cars.

Whoops. Sorry for the paragraph. Lol.

I got my first speeding ticket Sunday evening. I must say I'm quite disappointed and very annoyed. Only because I wasn't even on the highway! Sigh. I was on a local road, which most people heavily speed on since its two lanes each direction with lights. I was trying out a new shifting pattern which was shifting around 3500k. So I was in 3rd gear, just switch lanes since car ahead of me was turnin right, I made it to 38, 39mph tops when light ahead of me turned yellow. I put in neutral to stop since it was raining. I see a car pull up behind me. Then light turns green n I see flashing lights turn on. He claims I was doing 44 in a 30mph zone. I think he only gave me a ticket cuz it says Si, and it was pretty loud although not moving as fast as it sounded lol. Only becuz I was shifting later. I only say this cuz he pulled out of wherever he was hiding and only turned on his lights after he was sitting behind me at a light for quite while, and only when said light changed. I'd have almost hit vtec if i was doing 44. Hate NYC cops they go crazy in December. Like there's a quota they gotta meet. For my first speeding ticket ever, only my second time being pulled over in like 5 years, I'm annoyed that I wasn't even doing anything remotely close to speeding in my book.

CEL came on and I thought the O2 sensor was dirty so I cleaned it. I didn't have an OBD reader on me that time. After checking the code, it turned out that the problem was the ECU because the CEL lit up when I uninstalled Flashpro. At least the O2 sensor was cleaned up. That thing was dirty. Lol.

All I needed to do was erase the code. Problem solved.

Back