Official 'What did you do to your car today?' Thread

I'm at Honda for an oil change. No I don't do it myself - I don't have a garage or driveway. I don't mind paying for it.

But the point was to say on the white board in the waiting room they have "Attention Honda Guests - We are currently in desperate (underlined) need of CR-V's, Accord's and Civic's. We will pay top $$$ & offer a free (underlined) appraisal while you wait!"

But... When I turned onto the lot I noticed it's basically empty.. like usually this dealership has like 0 parking spots due to the inventory they have... Not now :(
its like that everywhere. my work has about maybe 10 new and 8 used cars right now when we usually have hundreds. majority of our trade in vehicles are auctioned off to american buyers.

im not sure if this is because my 10th gen is a lease but my honda dealer hasnt contacted us for ours yet, still have one year with the car. i thought they would try and get us to lease something new by now.

We all know the chip shortage cannot be real since booty has “won” 329 graphics cards in the last two months alone.

I was talking to my Ford dealer just yesterday and he was claiming something similar.. something to the affect of "a massive hoard somewhere in the north east"

I'm in the Mid-Atlantic. Damn there are people in the North East getting video cards too?

I just got back from my trip to Yellowstone, I parked my car at roughly 350 AM last night and my dad woke me up at 10 saying someone did a hit and run on my car. No idea when this happened I was very tired from the drive and my alarm never went off on the car, I don’t understand that part. The driver door does not open either.

197C50D6-17A0-4183-856C-71EBF94B3442.jpeg11898197-3857-40F5-95A7-898834933AF3.jpeg312F252D-9C2A-49C4-B564-63D0D33C252B.jpegD7ADE331-716B-41F9-8140-766C2217C578.jpeg

Last edited:
Easy breezy repair! We've had so many hit and runs lately here too

Hopefully the repairs go quick and the hit and runner gets what they deserve
It is easy thankfully, but it is costing me a $250 deductible and a deposit for the rental. The last time someone hit my car the shop ordered aftermarket parts and I had a runaround with them about that last time. Hopefully, the repairs go quick and they do a quality job.

I need to get the side marker spot drilled again.

Damn, sorry to hear about the hit and run. Hopefully things do go smoother with the repair this time. And i hope the sorry bastard that hit and ran gets whats coming to them...

That sucks bad. Any chance anyone in the neighborhood has a ring doorbell or camera anywhere that could have captured someone coming or going between the time you parked, and the time your dad notified you of the accident? Check around the neighborhood cars. Maybe you’ll see someone in the development with damage to their car. Maybe some black paint from your car rubbed off on theirs. Such garbage.

Back