Votes: 9 5.1%
  • Landline

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • No Phone

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Windows Phone

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
My brother has the Note II and he has a bluetooth keyboard for it. That thing is fast! I told him to get the Note because he was searching for a good tablet and wanted to upgrade his phone at the same time. The Note II seems like it's faster than a lot of tablets.

Yep. I have one too and loving it. It's blazing fast due it's quad core processors and 2 gigs of RAM which makes a huge difference. I rooted my phone last night so going to look into loading custom ROMS for it like I did with my old Samsung Epic 4G.

I need a new phone. I'm still using my 3 year old 3gs :hiding:

I recently purchased my first android device (Google Nexus 10) and I am loving the android software so far. Definitely a great change up over ios. However, I can already tell that it doesn't run as flawlessly as ios does. That is the only reason I will consider getting another iphone.

With that said, I am open to getting an android phone.

I've seen and used the S3. Idk what it was, but I just wasn't a fan.
The Note 2 seems pretty cool but also huge.
I'm sure I'd like the Nexus 4, however it is kind of pricey for such little storage ($300 for 8gb)... unless it has a micro sd slot, which I haven't looked into yet.
What other good phones are out there?

Something tells me I'll end up with a 32gb iphone 5...

There is one nice thing about most Android devices is that you can root it and load custom ROMS for it to make the most of the hardware. More importantly getting rid of the bloatware that carriers put on the phones. iOS is nice but it's locked and can't customize it.

Since you have that Android device getting a Android phone the apps will sync with google which is pretty cool.

Right now the Samsung Galaxy III and Note II are the two hottest phones on the market. Even my boss got the Galaxy III and loving it.

Don't hide, I am also still using my 3 year old 3GS, whose backlight no longer works due to water damage. Baby drool is a tough thing. I am going to get an iPhone 5, I never liked the double glass design of the 4, 4S. I don't like androids, everyone I know who has one has issues, either battery life, or slow, or having to get it fixed for some reason. My 3GS is still running strong, like its original iPhone before it. I keep my iPhones long and work them hard. I can't tell u how many times I've dropped this thing, and how many scratches its got. But it still works.

Sounds like yours is worse off then mine with no back light lol Mine still functions decently, for a 3+ year old phone.. The screen is still in perfect condition. My home and lock buttons are both worn and need to be pressed pretty hard to register. The battery is probably the worst thing about it though. It dies ridiculously fast. Id it gets below 20% it usually just shuts off. With all the wear and tear the phone has been through it has help up very well. I don't use a case with it anymore and it gets dropped on the regular and still doesn't break.

Sounds like yours is worse off then mine with no back light lol Mine still functions decently, for a 3+ year old phone.. The screen is still in perfect condition. My home and lock buttons are both worn and need to be pressed pretty hard to register. The battery is probably the worst thing about it though. It dies ridiculously fast. Id it gets below 20% it usually just shuts off. With all the wear and tear the phone has been through it has help up very well. I don't use a case with it anymore and it gets dropped on the regular and still doesn't break.

Since the backlight doesn't work, I charge it every two days now. I only use it for talk n text. Sometimes use the apps it's got if i have good light around me. I went to Vegas recently n took some awesome photos with it, I was surprised when I uploaded them to my computer. I thought they'd be blurry.

There is one nice thing about most Android devices is that you can root it and load custom ROMS for it to make the most of the hardware. More importantly getting rid of the bloatware that carriers put on the phones. iOS is nice but it's locked and can't customize it.

Since you have that Android device getting a Android phone the apps will sync with google which is pretty cool.

Right now the Samsung Galaxy III and Note II are the two hottest phones on the market. Even my boss got the Galaxy III and loving it.

That is precisely what lead me to go with an android tablet over the ipad. I figured, why pay $600 for something that still does exactly what my 3 year old iphone can do, only on a bigger scale. For as popular as apple products are, they really are the least innovative at this point. Having an open source tablet that I would have a lot more freedom on was something that was important to me (not to mention by specs alones the Nexus 10 is superior to the ipad).

I am still debating on whether or not to Root my Nexus 10. I'm a little weary since it is so new. I also have heard that you will not be able to install certain apps once you do so. Any truth to this? I figure I'll root at some point once I read up more on it.

As far as phones go, having something that is fully customization isn't as important to me. Speed, reliability, size, durability and storage (at least 32gb or the ability to add more storage)are all very important to me however. I have no doubt in my mind the iphone 5 will satisfy all of those needs for me. The only question is, is there another phone on the market that will better satisfy them?

I think I will further look into the Note 2. If I can get past its size lol Is it micro sd compatible? How's the battery life?

I've been doing a little reading.... apparently the Nexus 4 isn't compatible with AT&T's 4G LTE network... so that phones out for me. Otherwise, it would almost certainly be my next choice.

And also answered my last two questions. The Note 2 is SD compatible (which is huge for me) and apparently has a great battery life. It will ultimately come down to the Note 2 and Iphone 5 for me. If the Note 2 was S3 size, I would probably get it without a doubt. Right now its gargantuan size is the only thing keeping me away :giggle:

I've been doing a little reading.... apparently the Nexus 4 isn't compatible with AT&T's 4G LTE network... so that phones out for me. Otherwise, it would almost certainly be my next choice.

And also answered my last two questions. The Note 2 is SD compatible (which is huge for me) and apparently has a great battery life. It will ultimately come down to the Note 2 and Iphone 5 for me. If the Note 2 was S3 size, I would probably get it without a doubt. Right now its gargantuan size is the only thing keeping me away :giggle:

I have the 32gig Micro SD card in my Note 2. I originally bought it for my Samsung Epic 4G to store my music, videos and pictures. When I bought the Note 2 the guy removed the Micro SD card out of my old phone and put it in the Note 2. It read all of my data as if it never left. Very happy about it.

Battery life on the Note 2 is friggin awesome. For casual use almost can go two days...almost. But with heavy use I still get half battery life left when I get home for the night. Way better than my old Epic.

Went to Starbucks tonight to enjoy the evening with mocha coffee with the Note 2 resting on my lap reading through the news and facebook while rest of the crowd messing around with the laptops and large tablets. lol. It's nice I can keep it with me all the time and on occasion I will bring my Asus Infinity tablet with me (love the IPS screen). I wasn't too concerned about lack of cellular modem in my tablet since I can use the wifi tether for free since my Note 2 is rooted. Most places these days such as Starbucks offer free wi-fi so it's not big deal for me.

Note 2 screen is big enough for most use.

Samsung is working on a bigger screen for Note 3 which said to be 6.3". I was like..damn.. thought 5.5" was big. lol

Honestly, for me 5.5" works well and barely fits in my pocket when sitting down. lol

Those of you with the note 2, how comfortable is it in your pocket? Does it feel huge and uncomfortable? Also, how hard is it to surf the web/tapatalk with one hand? Not so much type, but scroll/navigate pages.

I love it.. I'm used to it now. Everything else seems too small to me now

New to the smartphone world. My kids got me a Motorola Droid Razr HD. So far, I like it. Bought a nice Otterbox case for it, so it is nestled nice and safe. The one feature I really like about it is the ability to dictate my text and email messages. Works pretty well . . . I'm impressed! Looking forward to the 4.1 Jelly Bean update. Will report back as I use it more.

New to the smartphone world. My kids got me a Motorola Droid Razr HD. So far, I like it. Bought a nice Otterbox case for it, so it is nestled nice and safe. The one feature I really like about it is the ability to dictate my text and email messages. Works pretty well . . . I'm impressed! Looking forward to the 4.1 Jelly Bean update. Will report back as I use it more.
Tell it hello for me........

Is the 5 really a good enough upgrade from the 4/ 4s? I've messed with one for about 10 minutes and its just not that different to me.. Just want something different..

Is the 5 really a good enough upgrade from the 4/ 4s? I've messed with one for about 10 minutes and its just not that different to me.. Just want something different..

No.. It's not much different at all. You're never going to get much different with apple.

If you have a 4s I wouldn't upgrade. Probably not even if i had 4.

Back