Security Cameras (Home Setups)

Pretty clear that your camera doesn't work past 12:13

So after the 12:13pm alert today.. I left the house around 4pm and no alert.
Came home around 8pm and no alert.

So ******* annoying.

I don't know if your settings are like these?

is it on all motions or only human? Sensitivity high?

=====

3. Detection Type – only human/all motions
4. Sensitivity – low to high

1. Detection Mode

detection-mode-enabled-631x1024.jpg

Clearly, it starts with making sure you have the Detection Mode enabled.

2. Activity Zone

Next, you have the Activity Zone configurator. That currently supports a hexagon of 6 points for you to drag around with. It’ll take you a bit of fidgeting to get it right, and the interface might feel a bit clumsy too.

But it works.

eufy-activity-zone-hexagon-optimized-1024x473.jpg

eufy-activity-zone-done-well-optimized-1024x473.jpg

If your Activity Zones are inefficiently set up, there might be your instant problem (and solution).

Only Human / Sensitivity 3 (Default)

No activity zones set. When I had all motions enabled I had activity zones as it was alerting too much. But with Only Human I don't have any zones.

Thanks for the help. I might move the doorbell to the opposite side where it's at now. Other side of the front door.. Hmm

So after the 12:13pm alert today.. I left the house around 4pm and no alert.
Came home around 8pm and no alert.

So ******* annoying.

Only Human / Sensitivity 3 (Default)

No activity zones set. When I had all motions enabled I had activity zones as it was alerting too much. But with Only Human I don't have any zones.

Thanks for the help. I might move the doorbell to the opposite side where it's at now. Other side of the front door.. Hmm

Try pushing the sensitivity up and then walk in and out of your house? You could repeatedly do that on various sensitivities and see if you see any change before doing anything with zones?

Try pushing the sensitivity up and then walk in and out of your house? You could repeatedly do that on various sensitivities and see if you see any change before doing anything with zones?
I was watching a video last night and the screenshot you posted of detection mode is different. I guess they updated it. Let me upload what mine looks like.

I left the house about 15-20 mins ago and it DID alert me.

Mine did just alert me the mailman was walking UP the driveway, usually the alert has him already dumping the mail or walking away

@bootyluvr i have activity zones and human detection both active on mine, not sure if it works through cause it does occasionally seem to trigger off things outside the zones. I was trying not to catch every person walking to the school up the street 2x a day

I don't know what distance you guys are dealing with, but I saw one comment that it's supposedly within like 25ft. It also had comments about distance if items were moving towards the camera versus lateral movements.

Eufy doorbell cameras can only sense objects within a distance of 8m.

Mine did just alert me the mailman was walking UP the driveway, usually the alert has him already dumping the mail or walking away

@bootyluvr i have activity zones and human detection both active on mine, not sure if it works through cause it does occasionally seem to trigger off things outside the zones. I was trying not to catch every person walking to the school up the street 2x a day

My mailman either hasn't came yet (if Mr. Richard is off they come later) or the Eufy missed it.

At least school is out for the summer ;)

I don't know what distance you guys are dealing with, but I saw one comment that it's supposedly within like 25ft. It also had comments about distance if items were moving towards the camera versus lateral movements.

Eufy doorbell cameras can only sense objects within a distance of 8m.

So 26' it can sense. Well my porch is only about 5' out. Then I'd say 20' to the road (where our cars are parked).

What's funny is that when I had it on "all motion" setting (and no activity zones) it detected cars driving by/pulling out of the side street which is probably 30' away I'd say.

My mailman either hasn't came yet (if Mr. Richard is off they come later) or the Eufy missed it.

Mailman never came today.

3:36pm - I arrive home from work and it alerts
4:32pm - It alerts for a lady walking her dog on the sidewalk
6pm (ish) - I leave to go feed my MILs cat - it does not alert
6:40pm (ish) - I get home from MIL's - it does not alert

I'm done with these doorbells. It's going back!

Yea it’s pretty worthless if it doesn’t pick up on movement close to the door

is it registering a motion event but the AI isnt passing it to you?

also i think amazon blink has a doorbell now, their cameras are pretty consistent, i bet their doorbell is too

also i think amazon blink has a doorbell now, their cameras are pretty consistent, i bet their doorbell is too
I had the Blink XT2 cameras and they were alright but this was a few years back.

I looked at my Amazon account and it was July 2019.

is it registering a motion event but the AI isnt passing it to you?
I'm not sure since there are so many total detection events.

Screenshot_20220627-230334.png

I might just get multiple other doorbell cameras and put them up to see which is best lol :giggle:

Wife won't be happy with multiple cameras on the house. double sided tape FTW

7:12am - Go outside to bring the trash can up from the street/curb.
Eufy gives me an alert. :think:

@ethlar - I was watching videos about doorbell cameras (and battery security cameras) that I had a dream about it last night! :rotfl:

I did see the Blink Doorbell Camera and it did get decent reviews. I do like the chime with the Eufy especially at the $90 price range. I'm frugal and want to get the best deal.

The one video I was watching the guy did say that "they are battery/wireless" so that's a positive but also a negative. Which I get. I don't mind charging the devices.. I just don't want to miss alerts OR don't want to get a **** ton of alerts.

Reviews on Amazon... :eek:

"Motion detection on this doorbell is terrible you can walk up to the door in the middle of a sunny day and it wont detect anything but if you're a tree branch the door cam is going to go off all day and drain your battery in a week who wants to charge a door bell 52 times a year because it cant tell the difference between a person and a stick.."

^ She ain't wrong lol

"For one, the motion detection was a joke. It didn't honor the motion zones I set up in the app at all. I watched delivery people walk directly to my door and wouldn't receive a notification until they had already walked away, yet the kids playing in the yard outside of my activity zone made the alerts go off constantly."

"continues to miss simple deliveries. This is after I made sure the firmware was up to date and adjust sensitivity to max setting. I really wanted this one to work because the price was affordable, but unfortunately I cannot recommend this doorbell."

"Motion detection works 1 out 10 times and that's with sensitivity turned to the highest setting. notifications are delayed. Doorbell function works, so there is that."

"It will miss people coming to my door while catching traffic in the distance. Extremely dependent on ambient light."

Hmmm.... :think:

"There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to what, when, or where the camera will pick up motions and the sensitivity and activity zones do nothing to help make it more predictable."

I didn't see these reviews when I was checking them out... All of the above reviews are a few days AFTER I purchased/installed mine.

when i feel like spending money on it again my goal was to end up with a google nest doorbell, i think theyre pretty reliable and might have recently come out with a battery version?

Amazon Return started for the Eufy Doorbell. I might try to box it up at lunch and drop it off at Kohl's (drop off location for Amazon by me).

when i feel like spending money on it again my goal was to end up with a google nest doorbell, i think theyre pretty reliable and might have recently come out with a battery version?

I heard the Google Home app (I use it for my Google WiFi) is garbage. That's what a lot of the reviewers are saying at least.

Also I thought I read that you need the Nest Aware Subscription which is $6/month for unlimited devices.

"By default, Nest cameras record just three hours of event history, an “event” being a short clip triggered by sound or motion. That’s good enough if you’re awake and within quick reach of your phone, but not for incidents recorded overnight or while you’re away on a trip.

The standard Nest Aware subscription extends event history to 30 days."

3 hours? Come on Google.... :rolleyes:

"Google sells an upgrade option, Nest Aware Plus, that stretches this out to 60 days and adds 10 days of continuous video history if you need to see more footage. Just realize that not all Nest cameras support continuous recording, the main restriction being anything battery-powered."

^ so the battery powered doorbells can't do continuous recording.. I get it since the battery drain would be CRAZY

Sorry for the long reply. But I like the price of the Google/Nest Doorbell but requiring the $6/month subscription to get longer than 3 hours of event history is ridiculous.

Google Nest Doorbell Battery - $129.99
Wyze Doorbell Battery w/ Chime - $93.99
Blink Doorbell Battery - $84.98

Think I might order the Wyze and Blink. Install them on opposite sides of my front door lol

Blink and Wyze Doorbell's have been ordered. Blink coming today and Wyze coming tomorrow lol

Back