The official "Ask a Detailer Thread"

Will do!
I went to Canadian Tire this morning to buy some Stoners Invisible glass and the cleaning tool as well cuz I have no idea how anyone can clean the bottom of the back window on a 2012 Si coupe unless you had REALLY skinny hands to shove in there!
As soon as I give it a try I'll report back on my results.
Finally got a chance to get at those windows. The clouds rolled in as well so it was perfect window cleaning weather.
The Stoners works really well. I used a microfibre cloth to wipe the windows after squirting the cleaner on. It didn't streak and the windows look great. The true test will be when the sun is shining.
The Stoners tool is also great for cleaning the back window. I don't know about the sedan but there's not a lot of room for your arm down at the bottom of the coupe rear window. The tool helps you get down to the bottom of the window.

great to hear it gave you good results :clapping:. A sunny day should confirm it, or help you get anything missed.

Alright so hopefully mr.rasky or twisted see this but, I think I have narrowed down what im going to get for my first try at paint correction.
Im just gonna buy a DA polisher, I banged out enough OT last week.
PC7424
Meguiars new MF polishing system. D300 compound with Microfiber Cutting Disc Buffing Pad.
Followed by Menzerna's Micro Polish SF 4500 on a Lake Country Black, White, or Blue pad.

Then
Black Fire Wet Diamond Sealant, topped with Collinite 845.

I just need some input on a couple areas:

1) Pad selection
2) Wash, Clay, Paint Cleaner then polish or polish then Paint cleaner?
3) Sealant by hand or buffer? and if so Pad?

Thanks.

I read all the post and didn't see this question.......... I've heard that it not good for the tyres to use a rubber dressing, and to just use a car soap and brush to clean, then rinse??????

from another forum:
It depends on the shine. Anything that contains hydrocarbons, to my understanding, will pull plasticizers from the tire and it will loose its flexibility. However anything water based, will not contains hydrocarbon solvents and will likely contain a conditioner that will do the opposite and help restore tires. Water based shines are usually milky white while hydrocarbon based shines are greasy and clear. Look for something that doesn't contain hydrocarbons and is milky white. Try mothers fx.
seems rasky likes meguiars hyper dressing - from looking at his detailing thread.

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&ke...vpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&ref=pd_sl_8njmgplp3k_b

Any way to remove the "white stuff" that is left after waxing in minor rock chips/scratches in the paint?

I used Dr. Colorchip but it is not coverring them up since they seem too be too small or i am just not doing the process correctly with Dr. Colorchip.

Hey Rasky, I am having a HARD time drying my Black Car. I got it over a month ago, and its been a PITA to dry it. I have the absorber, a leaf blower, and microfiber towels. the leafblower works, but it leaves a little water behind, the absorber and microfiber towels spread the water rather than drying it, leaving behind marks and streaks. any suggestions?

Hey Rasky, I am having a HARD time drying my Black Car. I got it over a month ago, and its been a PITA to dry it. I have the absorber, a leaf blower, and microfiber towels. the leafblower works, but it leaves a little water behind, the absorber and microfiber towels spread the water rather than drying it, leaving behind marks and streaks. any suggestions?
wbarraza, I have a Black Si coupe and I use this to dry the car. It's the best "chamois" I've ever used and you can ring it out easily. I even had a couple of older ones I used on previous vehicles but I bought a new one for my new Civic. Works great!
http://www.cleantools.net/products/absorber/

maybe they start to lose their ability to work well if they're old?

Back