Black 2012 Si Sedan

Got my new setup on, but haven't had a chance to get any decent pictures. 255F/225R on a 17x9 setup--

25037457405_3165da9609_b.jpg

24669829939_6467a4a8c1_b.jpg

25011115106_3f6236fe9e_b.jpg

Noice! Thats wide as heck on the front!

Just cause everyone is going to ask:

Camber? (-2 R/-1F still?) Offset? (+35?) Rubbing?

Noice! Thats wide as heck on the front!

Just cause everyone is going to ask:

Camber? (-2 R/-1F still?) Offset? (+35?) Rubbing?

As of right now, -2* front and rear. To get more up front, I would need a lower offset because the fronts are uncomfortably close to the struts on the inside.

So with a 17x9 +35 wheels you can fit a 255/40? with no rubbing and -3 camber?

So with a 17x9 +35 wheels you can fit a 255/40? with no rubbing and -3 camber?

It rubbed a little bit even when I had some roll to my fender. I had to roll more and cut some of the liner out of the way. There's no way to get -3 on a +35et. It just will not clear the strut. A lower offset will definitely do it, something like a +22 (sticking with the rpf1's as an example). That's probably the next move - bump to a +22 pair. Sucks cause I already went thru the effort of mounting the tires but whatever.

Reactions: Nix
How do you like the staggered tire setup on the street?

I'm in the process of going 255/40 17x9+38 on the fronts and 225/45 17x8+35 rear. I have a set of advans that have been hanging out in my attic for the past year.

I usually don't mind being the Guinea pig but good to see someone else with a 9th went the same route I'm considering.

Also noticed you have 17x9+35s any issues beside trying to run more negative camber? My +38 is close and I only have a 225/45 currently to test with was wondering if I'll run into any issues when I bump up to the 255/40s

How do you like the staggered tire setup on the street?

I'm in the process of going 255/40 17x9+38 on the fronts and 225/45 17x8+35 rear. I have a set of advans that have been hanging out in my attic for the past year.

I usually don't mind being the Guinea pig but good to see someone else with a 9th went the same route I'm considering.

Also noticed you have 17x9+35s any issues beside trying to run more negative camber? My +38 is close and I only have a 225/45 currently to test with was wondering if I'll run into any issues when I bump up to the 255/40s

I haven't been able to drive it at a speed where I can confidently say that it's a step up, HOWEVER, in my very irresponsible onramp test...the car is much more responsive. It is a big difference, transition from maintenance throttle to applying more gas, the car doesn't understeer and it just pulls through the rest of the turn.

For 255's, you will have to cut/remove the inner fender liner and roll the fender tabs flat. I made the mistake of trying to pull one of the tabs flat and it crinkled a small portion of my fender. Not a big deal, it could probably be massaged out. With a +38, I would venture to say that it will rub as there is literally just millimeters between my tire and strut. It's uncomfortably close.

Awesome, thanks for the reply. My previous wheel set up I cut the fender wells and rolled the tabs I figured I'd have to do it here as well. Probably going to need to run a spacer up front it seems then. No biggie might be an excuse to get extended studs.

Now that you've been on the mono-rs for a while how would you rate the daily drivability? I had a set of ksports but have since put the stock suspension back on for now. Trying to get an idea of how the 8kF and 10kR spring rates of the mono-rs will compare to the 7kF and 7.5kR ksports.

Awesome, thanks for the reply. My previous wheel set up I cut the fender wells and rolled the tabs I figured I'd have to do it here as well. Probably going to need to run a spacer up front it seems then. No biggie might be an excuse to get extended studs.

Now that you've been on the mono-rs for a while how would you rate the daily drivability? I had a set of ksports but have since put the stock suspension back on for now. Trying to get an idea of how the 8kF and 10kR spring rates of the mono-rs will compare to the 7kF and 7.5kR ksports.

For daily driving, they're ok. I live in San Francisco, and the roads here are terrible. I mentioned it before, in order of the places I've been, it goes Boston, Manhattan, then San Francisco for worst roads. The 9thgen is no longer my daily driver, so I'm ok with the spring rates, and was actually considering opting for the Mono MAX or for a custom set of Fortune Auto coilovers.

I'm also a big baby and complain about back pains, so there's that. I'm sure it will be less comfortable than the K Sports. What are you planning on doing with your car? That should be the most important question.

Daily it and get involved in some of the local auto x events. I've been spectating for a while and a buddy of mine told me I should get into it. I think ill stick with the ksports for now then until they give out on me.

Just google New Orleans roads... we probably have everyone beat.

Though we do have a great way to fix the potholes.
jc7dPJg.jpg

It's pretty bad. I should get a GoPro just to film the roads around my apartment.

What's paramount is your alignment. Make sure it's done properly because that will dictate a lot more than your coilovers will.

25937509725_75a9a3754d_c.jpg

Took the car out to Sonoma yesterday. First time out with staggered tire. It handled impressively. I am pretty sure I need to upgrade my brake setup soon. Will post better pictures once they're up by the pro-photographer on site.

I thought that rear window sticker said: Don't stare! Drive!

Looks super fun. How do you think you did? Slay anyone or catch any much "faster" cars with the new setup?

I thought that rear window sticker said: Don't stare! Drive!

Looks super fun. How do you think you did? Slay anyone or catch any much "faster" cars with the new setup?

Just playing cat and mouse with my friend in his big turbo wrx haha

Reactions: Nix
First time running Thunderhill West last week. Very fun and technical course, heavily favoring low horsepower cars (like ours). Went with a couple of friends, one of them being the red 9thgen that shows up in some of the pictures. Loved this course and can't wait to go back!

26002516864_3dd5eb4f54_b.jpg

26515219912_ec57756698_b.jpg

26515222622_d5b4b2d18c_b.jpg

Hit the 3 wheel motion --

26515223432_4ba4129c3a_b.jpg

Back