Betty White tying da twisties like skrewlaces Wit dat possible *Whine* on teh Side... bout dat lyfe.

null_zpscc8c8b22.png

:excited:

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371039011.449450.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371039011.449450.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 11
great choice pics soon! & why 18s? just curious? what is stock size?
i went with 18s because they look really good on the 13s. i thinks its because the rear of the car looks wider and bigger than the 12s and wit the 18s it will close the wheel gap more and i wont have to go as low for it to look great....man i cant wait i think i am going to go with 225/40/18 yokohama S-drives for the meaty look. once i get coils (Redshift) i will get wider tires 235/40/18s or i might sell these and go with 17s BBS LMs.

Reactions: 5SK
You could go up to 20's and you'd still be fine. The problem is when you go to get tires... you're shrinking the sidewall of the tire to compensate for the rim increasing. The overall tire diameter is the same. If you could clear the rotors/brake components... you could run a 13" rim if you wanted. You'd just have a thick sidewall on the tire. If you run a 20" rim, you just have next to nothing in terms of sidewall. If you go up to an 18" you'll probably be on a 40 series tire. 19's you're probably looking at 35 series tires and so on. If you go too tall of a sidewall, you'll end up throwing the speedometer off. Tirerack and other sites offer a button to push for "upsizing". It'll show what'll work to keep the spedo in check etc.

You could go up to 20's and you'd still be fine. The problem is when you go to get tires... you're shrinking the sidewall of the tire to compensate for the rim increasing. The overall tire diameter is the same. If you could clear the rotors/brake components... you could run a 13" rim if you wanted. You'd just have a thick sidewall on the tire. If you run a 20" rim, you just have next to nothing in terms of sidewall. If you go up to an 18" you'll probably be on a 40 series tire. 19's you're probably looking at 35 series tires and so on. If you go too tall of a sidewall, you'll end up throwing the speedometer off. Tirerack and other sites offer a button to push for "upsizing". It'll show what'll work to keep the spedo in check etc.

Great explanation. I'm going with 225/40/18 or 235/40/18. I'm just not sure which one i want. I don't like the stretch look so I have been looking at pics of S-Drives in 225/40/18 on a 18x8.5 rim. And so far what it looks like is there is no stretch at all so I might go with that.

I need to get the center caps you know where I can order them by chance for cheap

Reactions: 5SK
Back