Official 'What did you do to your car today?' Thread

Initial plan was gunmetal. This just happened. :giggle: No clear yet.
IMG_2681_zpsc7040dbc.jpg

Ya. That is unhealthy cheap for that. And corse grit sand paper isn't that great for wet sanding in general. Typically anything coarser than around 650ish I do dry and only do wet sanding right before the actual paint which I finish with around 800grit. I wouldn't recommend painting over 500grit sanding if that's what your plan was. I'm not questioning you or anything cause I don't know your plans just offering suggestions. Before the color coat I would prime again and wet sand with 800 or the sand scratches will be visible in the paint

I used a 150 grit to remove the remaining paint from the non-stripped surface. Then 500 on bare metal. Then 500 again after priming. I didn't want to go a step finer since these wheels are only for winter so I don't want to put too much effort. :giggle: I was planning on just putting the snow tires without fixing the curb rashes, but that would have made it an eyesore. Here's another pic after 4 coats of clear.
IMG_2689_zps58e4ddb3.jpg

Initial impressions are very good for the HFP suspension. I love the stiffer ride, the reduced body roll (it's almost completely gone) and the lowered stance. Sadly, we just went through a cold snap here in Oregon, so we haven't had ideal suspension testing road conditions. I'll definately be making a longer post regarding the HFP suspension in the 2013 Si sedan, but for right now I'll just throw it out there: it fits in the sedan, buy it!

P.s. Oh yeah, I also ordered a Progress 22mm rear swaybar about 3 days ago. It'll go in after Christmas!

So did you buy it online and just have honda install it for you? Is it still undrr warranty?

How much did you pay total?

I bought the suspension from College Hills Honda who price matched a cheaper one I found online. My local Honda dealership wouldn't do price matching outside the city :bleh:. I then had it installed through a local third party shop. Honda wanted to charge me double what the third party did for the labor alone. I'll send you a PM with pricing details and such.

In terms of the warranty, it's the same as any other part I put on the car if I understand it correctly. If something happens, Honda has to prove that the part I had installed was the direct cause of the accident or what have you. Also, my suspension is covered under a limited accessory warranty because it's a Honda part.

I used a 150 grit to remove the remaining paint from the non-stripped surface. Then 500 on bare metal. Then 500 again after priming. I didn't want to go a step finer since these wheels are only for winter so I don't want to put too much effort. :giggle: I was planning on just putting the snow tires without fixing the curb rashes, but that would have made it an eyesore. Here's another pic after 4 coats of clear.
IMG_2689_zps58e4ddb3.jpg

I really like that color

I really like that color
I really like it too. This is the same paint I used for my valve cover. The paint gives distinct blue shades depending on the lighting.

Here's one with flash on. f2.8.
IMG_2699_zpsb5f042b2.jpg

And without flash f1.8 6400ISO.
IMG_2700_zps120a6271.jpg

This one is the second wheel btw. The paint I used is Ford Light Blue Enamel.

I really like it too. This is the same paint I used for my valve cover. The paint gives distinct blue shades depending on the lighting.
This one is the second wheel btw. The paint I used is Ford Light Blue Enamel.

the lighter one looks pretty good, post pics of them on

the lighter one looks pretty good, post pics of them on
The light color will only be noticed when the wheels are right under the sun. I'll get these installed when I get the winter tires mounted or the day before the next snowfall. Lol. I installed new valve stems on the painted wheels. I didn't realize they are $2.99 per pair. They are rather cheap.
IMG_2704_zps50da616c.jpg

One wheel still has a tire on it. I tried removing the tire without damaging it but the tire is dry rotted and the tire bar broke the sidewall. Lol.
IMG_2708_zpsd43bc64f.jpg

image.jpg Test fit of some rims I have laying around. Not sure if I like them or not. What does everybody think of them. Keep them or trade/sell them. 18x7.5 konig randoms

The light color will only be noticed when the wheels are right under the sun. I'll get these installed when I get the winter tires mounted or the day before the next snowfall. Lol. I installed new valve stems on the painted wheels. I didn't realize they are $2.99 per pair. They are rather cheap.
IMG_2704_zps50da616c.jpg

One wheel still has a tire on it. I tried removing the tire without damaging it but the tire is dry rotted and the tire bar broke the sidewall. Lol.
IMG_2708_zpsd43bc64f.jpg
Lookin nice dar dar maybe u can help me with mine sometime

Back