Official 'What did you do to your car today?' Thread

I helped a guy with his headlights. He was about to purchase replacement lights.

05672-E25-2217-4458-8-AFE-FA79-C204-A3-E1.jpg

2632-FC3-D-670-C-4638-A482-B12-FDDC39-E2-B.jpg

2-D3-BCD0-C-F7-DC-4284-96-DC-C7-B1-D3-B1-F289.jpg

58839-B57-1976-4-B3-A-AB4-A-6-EAA225-F8-CE3.jpg

A04673-C7-B118-4812-9-D71-075-D307-F5659.jpg

D066-A465-EE3-B-4-C2-E-8-DB3-9-F94-C6-B299-BB.jpg

wet sand 800 grit, 1000, 1500, 2000 then ultimate compound with a dual orbital, then chemical guys sealant / nxt tech wax

Webby out here workin' magic!

Hi all. Im seeing some oil leaking out of my front struts which I will get replaced soon but there seems to be a lot of oil on the arm bushing (?) Is it safe to assume its from the strut and nothing else needs replacing? thanks!

Attachments

• front driver.jpg
    front driver.jpg
    428.4 KB · Views: 8
x2

It looks pretty wet around the boot area, sometimes you'll see similar stuff on the fender liner as well

Yeah definitely been meaning to pick up some of those for the trunk and engine too. lol My car didn't come with the trunk piece, unless I'm blind and do have it, but pretty sure I don't. Does anyone know if there is a better H11 yellow led aside from the Nokya hyper yellows? Something that is a true deep yellow.

And does anyone know if this is exactly what I need to do the remote start for my car or if I need more?
View attachment 62298

You will need the harness and the kit (brain) for your year of production. When I attempted this on my car (2012 Si), I ordered the following:
08E91-E22-101A Remote Start Kit (known as the brain)
08E92-TR0-100 Remote Start Attachment (the harness that will attach the brain to the car)
(Optional) 08E91-E22-1M001 Remote Start Transmitter (the kit comes with one, but I wanted a second one for the second key).

Unfortunately for me, it did not work despite everything connecting without issue. And, every schematic I have looked at says it would work if I bypassed the clutch safety switch; yet it does not. Furthermore, while everything I had said the remote start system was compatible with the Si model; this was actually incorrect and was an error in the catalogue (unfortunately, I found this out after I had installed everything, so now I'm stuck with it and cannot use it). My saga is in this thread:

Something I wanted to ask, I have version 1 and 2 of the Blinking Brake Lights for the 9th gens. The V1's I had an issue with the passenger side cutting in and out like it was short circuiting or something? The V2's when I tap my brake they blink as designed and then they go black leaving me at risk of getting hit. I do not know why I have had so much bad luck with these lights and I like the concept, but I have been having quite a bit of bad luck and I'm getting tired of dealing with them. I just put the stockies back in for now.

138514155_3483974648346795_8742060506447887890_n.jpg

You will need the harness and the kit (brain) for your year of production. When I attempted this on my car (2012 Si), I ordered the following:
08E91-E22-101A Remote Start Kit (known as the brain)
08E92-TR0-100 Remote Start Attachment (the harness that will attach the brain to the car)
(Optional) 08E91-E22-1M001 Remote Start Transmitter (the kit comes with one, but I wanted a second one for the second key).

Unfortunately for me, it did not work despite everything connecting without issue. And, every schematic I have looked at says it would work if I bypassed the clutch safety switch; yet it does not. Furthermore, while everything I had said the remote start system was compatible with the Si model; this was actually incorrect and was an error in the catalogue (unfortunately, I found this out after I had installed everything, so now I'm stuck with it and cannot use it). My saga is in this thread:
Thank you very much for clarifying this! Greatly appreciated! That is very unfortunate that it was an error in the catalog, hopefully they were able to make it up to you someway for the inconvenience. Getting the remote start would be nice, even if it is a bit lazy.

Something I wanted to ask, I have version 1 and 2 of the Blinking Brake Lights for the 9th gens. The V1's I had an issue with the passenger side cutting in and out like it was short circuiting or something? The V2's when I tap my brake they blink as designed and then they go black leaving me at risk of getting hit. I do not know why I have had so much bad luck with these lights and I like the concept, but I have been having quite a bit of bad luck and I'm getting tired of dealing with them. I just put the stockies back in for now.

138514155_3483974648346795_8742060506447887890_n.jpg

Thank you very much for clarifying this! Greatly appreciated! That is very unfortunate that it was an error in the catalog, hopefully they were able to make it up to you someway for the inconvenience. Getting the remote start would be nice, even if it is a bit lazy.

is there a specific brand that you've been buying? I just looked on amazon, and despite some being huge sellers with thousands of reviews, I'm seeing between 5-19% of them being 1 star reviews. Most are complaining that they'd work a short period and fail, not strobe, continue to strobe nonstop or other issues.

is there a specific brand that you've been buying? I just looked on amazon, and despite some being huge sellers with thousands of reviews, I'm seeing between 5-19% of them being 1 star reviews. Most are complaining that they'd work a short period and fail, not strobe, continue to strobe nonstop or other issues.
When I first found about these lights, it was through instagram. Their account and website is the same, it is blinkingbrakelights. I sent them a message on contact us, but we will see what happens with that. I never looked to see if there were alternatives. Do you personally know of any someone might of have good experiences with? Thanks Webby.

When I first found about these lights, it was through instagram. Their account and website is the same, it is blinkingbrakelights. I sent them a message on contact us, but we will see what happens with that. I never looked to see if there were alternatives. Do you personally know of any someone might of have good experiences with? Thanks Webby.
some in here
@ron v

Unfortunately, there was no compensation of any kind. I bought the parts needed from a few different places (more out of testing various vendors rather than need); and, since I had already installed them, I didn't bother to ask for a refund as very few places will ever refund an electronic part once it has been installed.

Also, one thing to note, the parts do not come with any installation instructions; however, these are readily available on the internet if you poke around enough. The ones I used say they're specific to the 2012 model year so you may have to find a different set for yours; I attempted to attach it to give you an idea of the work involved however, the system says the file is too large (12.5MB). PM me your email address and I can send it to you that way if you think it will help.

@Verzerrung I bought mine from a member here like 5 years ago. I love them. Still going strong after all this time. I’m not sure on their availability or anything but I can speak for the quality of their product.

@Tak i think it was who I bought them from.

plus they just look cool...

Last edited:
Unfortunately, there was no compensation of any kind. I bought the parts needed from a few different places (more out of testing various vendors rather than need); and, since I had already installed them, I didn't bother to ask for a refund as very few places will ever refund an electronic part once it has been installed.

Also, one thing to note, the parts do not come with any installation instructions; however, these are readily available on the internet if you poke around enough. The ones I used say they're specific to the 2012 model year so you may have to find a different set for yours; I attempted to attach it to give you an idea of the work involved however, the system says the file is too large (12.5MB). PM me your email address and I can send it to you that way if you think it will help.
That's understandable and it is too bad they don't take anything electronic back. I appreciate your know how and help on the set up of this! I'll shoot you a PM. My vehicle is a 12' EX, it shouldn't be too different I don't think.
@Verzerrung I bought mine from a member here like 5 years ago. I love them. Still going strong after all this time. I’m not sure on their availability or anything but I can speak for the quality of their product.

@Tak i think it was who I bought them from.

plus they just look cool...
Five years, that is impressive! I don't see him around too much anymore these days, but I will drop him a PM. Thanks Ron!

About to start painting a few more pieces of my interior. I'm going to clean up some pieces and do another layer of vinyl paint and then clear coat it. The piece under the steering wheel got scuffed and paint came off.
138613807_127156622573707_4953998291191036591_n.jpg

138668558_420621989357074_6469524957774157251_n.jpg

That's understandable and it is too bad they don't take anything electronic back. I appreciate your know how and help on the set up of this! I'll shoot you a PM. My vehicle is a 12' EX, it shouldn't be too different I don't think.

The instructions are not specific to the trim for remote start; they just list 2012 Civic 2-door and 4-door. So, they should be perfect for your 2012 EX. The only issue I ran into during the install was that I had to modify the mounting bracket for the brain as it was hitting the clutch pedal bracket; otherwise, the directions were perfectly matched to my non-compatible '12 Si.

@AlmosN8kd! I'll pm you for the instructions. Thanks again for the help and letting me know what is compatible. I wish I could relate to stick shift issues, but I got an automatic. Bummer, but it is still a good car. Looks only.

I finished putting together the driver side door panel. Painted it black, clear coated it, I have the door arm rest I did I suede and the insert I did in black leather. Glad this is all done. Came out rather nice so that is good. Before and after.
138768901_443657063337811_7101572786152182254_n.jpg

139447724_229970952035595_6483431323719270836_n.jpg

138704545_461613218169759_6063608160292898202_n.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks man! I ordered the car led kit and I just got done installing it. I ran it behind the glove box and through the center where 12V plug is and then ran it underneath, zip tied the lose wire underneath the metal bracket for the center console storage box and I'm going to stick the remote to the side of the e brake along the curves to minimize it looking out of place. I may cut the wires and feed them into the arm rest box and solder them and heat shrink and then use the plug that is in there as well. Won't even be able to tell. In the process I looked at my EBrake and was trying to figure out how to remove it, I just pulled straight up and it came off and then to get the silver trim off just hold it and pull away. Looks like I'll be painting that too now.
139034890_782621982328929_1347150826298219150_n.jpg

138936068_358553225591264_4307721120347871264_n.jpg

138960240_1116726448775764_1712040533424805299_n.jpg

Back