Official 'What did you do to your car today?' Thread

Well it wasn't my car or today... but yesterday i was at the drag strip with my brother in law. He was running my nieces car and his dad's 69 camaro. It was a good time! There was an ek and an eg giving it hell out there, but i think both were testing. There was also a corolla coupe of the ae85/ae86 variety out there. He had a parachute on the back but seemed to be working through some tuning issues, car was slow...

Got oem front left & right drive shafts installed. Front right was shot to hell and left was pretty bad. Took care of the violent shaking under acceleration!! So damn happy lol

So, thinking of doing an exhaust swap on my Civic. Nothing special, just a catback at minimal costs. A guy local to me has 2015 Si Sedan with an Invidia catback that he is looking to trade for a stock exhaust. I looked up the part numbers and the 2012/2013 exhausts are different than the 2014/2015 version (and, wikipedia says Honda retuned the exhaust for those model years getting a slight boost in performance).

12/13:
Cat to muffler: 18220-TR7-A01 or 18220-TS9-A01
Muffler: 18307-TR7-A02

14/15:
Cat to muffler: 18220-TR7-A02
Muffler: 18307-TR7-A21

However, I wasn't able to find much information on what is different about the 3 versions; but, from what I could see online, most aftermarket exhausts are 12-15 which leads me to believe they are interchangeable. Thoughts?

So, thinking of doing an exhaust swap on my Civic. Nothing special, just a catback at minimal costs. A guy local to me has 2015 Si Sedan with an Invidia catback that he is looking to trade for a stock exhaust. I looked up the part numbers and the 2012/2013 exhausts are different than the 2014/2015 version (and, wikipedia says Honda retuned the exhaust for those model years getting a slight boost in performance).

12/13:
Cat to muffler: 18220-TR7-A01 or 18220-TS9-A01
Muffler: 18307-TR7-A02

14/15:
Cat to muffler: 18220-TR7-A02
Muffler: 18307-TR7-A21

However, I wasn't able to find much information on what is different about the 3 versions; but, from what I could see online, most aftermarket exhausts are 12-15 which leads me to believe they are interchangeable. Thoughts?
You can interchange. The muffler and b pipe changed slightly in 2014, which made the part numbers (and 4hp) change.

Gave the car a much needed wash and wax. Sitting pretty!
267891487_4800392630024151_3513151620871173241_n.jpg

Gave the car a much needed wash and wax. Sitting pretty!
267891487_4800392630024151_3513151620871173241_n.jpg
Damn son!!!!! My man over here left me embarrassed by my car's appearance. I rather see a well-taken care of car like this than some guy who throws mods at his car and doesn't care about the general maintenance. No joke man. Ur car is looking fresh af!!!!!!!!

Damn son!!!!! My man over here left me embarrassed by my car's appearance. I rather see a well-taken care of car like this than some guy who throws mods at his car and doesn't care about the general maintenance. No joke man. Ur car is looking fresh af!!!!!!!!
Thanks man! greatly appreciate the kind words. I have a lot of work to do like getting the dents I do have pulled by PDR and I want to buff the paint and remove some hard water spots. I need to do something with the fender, but the gray is honestly not looking bad. I need to get it cut again to put the DC5 markers back in.

I will be doing a Si conversion on the front bumper since I messed up and bought the wrong trim when I did the switch lol

It's a new year tomorrow bro, lets show our cars some love and post a photo. ;)

Yea man. I promised my parents I’d detail their cars for a xmas present. I’ll show those off first. I’m honestly embarrassed to show the state of my si. But she’s got an update coming soon.

Yea man. I promised my parents I’d detail their cars for a xmas present. I’ll show those off first. I’m honestly embarrassed to show the state of my si. But she’s got an update coming soon.
Sounds good, looking forward to see how they turn out! It's all good man, I honestly neglect my car from time to time, but when I detail it I do my best to give every bit attention.

Now I wouldn't dare show my engine... it's beyond filthy. Maintained, but so dirty. If I pressure washed it, what do I cover up? Really been meaning to give it a good clean.

Looking forward to the update!!

Paid off the remainder of my car. Finally. Car is mine.

Congrats! Now time to save the money that you were using for payments. Invest, put it in a higher interest account or at least a savings account.
You'll never realize it and then it will grow :)

I'll probably save up for a decent pair of rims eventually and blow the rest on cocaine and strippers. Who need a high yield interest account anyway, right.

Lol Totally kidding, I'm going to find a good place to start up a ROTH IRA with a good matching rate or high interest yield. Anyone know anything notable?
Thanks for the suggestion @bootyluvr :)

I'll probably save up for a decent pair of rims eventually and blow the rest on cocaine and strippers. Who need a high yield interest account anyway, right.

Lol Totally kidding, I'm going to find a good place to start up a ROTH IRA with a good matching rate or high interest yield. Anyone know anything notable?
Thanks for the suggestion @bootyluvr :)
Vanguard, fidelity, or your local bank can set up an ira usually at no cost. Both vanguard and fidelity offer no fee mutual funds, or retirement date funds you can put money into. Most mutual funds through a bank will take around ~1% of what you invest as a “fee”. You can put 6k a year into the ira for some tax benefits.

Back