Betty White tying da twisties like skrewlaces Wit dat possible *Whine* on teh Side... bout dat lyfe.

Joes car has e55r shrouds, they dont fit in the headlight at all because of where the shrouds have to sit and they dont taper back at all, im going to redo his lights in a couple weeks with my home made shroud, they will end up looking similar to this

these are e46
e46.jpg

How would these work with S2k or Rx 330? Which should I go with! I the s2k are great but are they really worth it?

to be honest, i prefer the output of the rx330 over the s2k. S2ks bend downward so even though they have a pretty wide beam you lose usable light. Rx330s can be tweaked with clear lenses and modded shields to get better output than a s2k.

ive got modded rx330s on my car and love them

to be honest, i prefer the output of the rx330 over the s2k. S2ks bend downward so even though they have a pretty wide beam you lose usable light. Rx330s can be tweaked with clear lenses and modded shields to get better output than a s2k.

ive got modded rx330s on my car and love them

Ok that's what I wanted to hear. Can I get one or two pics of your light output? And also what do you think will better on my 13 chrome housing or black? I was leaning towards the chrome.

I can try to get some output shots some time, i dont think i actually have any with the current setup.
heres one from when i was building them

i definitely agree, chrome on white, i dont think id like how the blacked out would look with the big black grille

I can try to get some output shots some time, i dont think i actually have any with the current setup.
heres one from when i was building them

i definitely agree, chrome on white, i dont think id like how the blacked out would look with the big black grille

Damnnnnnn I like that color output and what HID's are those? 6k 4300k? Now I think I have to fine the shroud I want I like the e46 a lot better than the e55 ones for sure. What other shroud would look good with rx330 and how much would it cost me to have you do them and can you do it in one day?

that was with a old high hour 4300k 81552+ bulb, i recently changed them to 5k bulbs and the color got better, i was behind Purpul one night after dunkirk and he loved the blue/purpul flashes he got in the mirror

doing the retro in a day is tough, ive done it once before, but you really need to give the adhesives at least overnight to finish outgassing before you seal things up

that was with a old high hour 4300k 81552+ bulb, i recently changed them to 5k bulbs and the color got better, i was behind Purpul one night after dunkirk and he loved the blue/purpul flashes he got in the mirror

doing the retro in a day is tough, ive done it once before, but you really need to give the adhesives at least overnight to finish outgassing before you seal things up

So if we planned this out what you prefer? Get another set of headlights? Or get there super early in the morning?

Probably start early, and if you have a garage we could work at your place start early, let things outgass till later or the next day then close up. Having never done a 9th gen id need to test aim on the car so a garage or somewhere to see the light output during the day would be vital.

Last edited:
Probably start early, and if you have a garage we could work at your place start early, let things outgass till later or the next day then close up. Having never done a 9th gen id need to test aim on the car so a garage or somewhere to see the light output during the day would be vital.

I do have a garage for sure. That could work well. Ummm I just need order the stuff as plan it out with you it won't be until sometime in July most likely. I want to make sure I want to retros. I wasn't trying to take the bumper off this car but that looks like it's going to be the case. Lol. So I kinda need a price range for what I would need to order and for your labor as well?

And you think I should so the chrome housing and shroud and everything. :think:

rx330s go for 150-200 i think
e30 lenses should still be going for 40
shrouds can be 50-100 depending on what you get and where you find them
I use bolts and springs from a hardware store to do most of the mounting about 20 dollars in hardware

ive never thought about my labor costs in doing retros for other people, ill shoot you a message and we can work that out

rx330s go for 150-200 i think
e30 lenses should still be going for 40
shrouds can be 50-100 depending on what you get and where you find them
I use bolts and springs from a hardware store to do most of the mounting about 20 dollars in hardware

ive never thought about my labor costs in doing retros for other people, ill shoot you a message and we can work that out

Ok cool shoot me that message! So I couldn't order the retros and shroud from the retrofitsource?

theres not really anything wrong with buying from TRS, you do pay a premium for getting it from them vs searching ebay on your own, i dont know how many deals are out there on ebay anymore though since people like TRS buy everything up.

theres not really anything wrong with buying from TRS, you do pay a premium for getting it from them vs searching ebay on your own, i dont know how many deals are out there on ebay anymore though since people like TRS buy everything up.
Oh ok. I just sometimes worry if I'm getting what I ordered. That's the only think I'm worried about. You like the wiring harness and that stuff I had a issue with my retros on my 8thgen and I don't want to go that road again.

ive seen the TRS wire harnesses, theyre pretty well built, i can build or modify cheap harnesses too if necessary.

ive seen the TRS wire harnesses, theyre pretty well built, i can build or modify cheap harnesses too if necessary.

Damn what can't you do :giggle:

Damn I didn't even know you could build a harness man that awesome.

Umm we are going to have to really discuss this because I want to get retros now but I just have to get over this black or chrome housing.

I just need the same setup I want (e46 with rx330 with color mod/clear lense swap with black housing and with chrome housing) Lol

fortunately the e46 is a pretty popular shroud, so it shouldnt take much longer for more people to get them in both color schemes. I did the all chrome thing for a while, it looked nice and oem, the black/chrome look is a little more aggressive

with the exception of the fog retros ive done all the work on my car myself.

**** tends to find my front bumper, so im currently on the 3rd one this car has seen. But ive had the current bumper off at least 10 times between fog light adjusting and replacement, bulb changes, temp sensor install, retro changing, etc, i keep a handful of extra clips in my tool box to replace the ones i break, but at this point im pretty good at getting them out with panel puller tools without damage.

Back