Betty White tying da twisties like skrewlaces Wit dat possible *Whine* on teh Side... bout dat lyfe.

**** tends to find my front bumper, so im currently on the 3rd one this car has seen. But ive had the current bumper off at least 10 times between fog light adjusting and replacement, bulb changes, temp sensor install, retro changing, etc, i keep a handful of extra clips in my tool box to replace the ones i break, but at this point im pretty good at getting them out with panel puller tools without damage.

Cool so I know feel 1000000% better! I am stickler for them bumper clips ask joe lmao

nah they wont impact anything, you can get amp-d2s adapters so you can keep the same hid kit harness and ballasts when you do the retro. My retros are still using the ebay hid kit i bought in 06

nah they wont impact anything, you can get amp-d2s adapters so you can keep the same hid kit harness and ballasts when you do the retro. My retros are still using the ebay hid kit i bought in 06

Damn that will work for me then ill just order the HID's this weekend and that will be one thing down for the retros :cheerleader: do you think I should get 4500k 5k or 6k. I know 8k is bad for retros doesn't really put out that much light

i tried 6k and took them out after a night, felt like i could barely see anything, ive got 5k right now and love it

5k is supposed to match color shifted 4300k bulbs mostly pure white slight hint of blue, 6k is a little more blue, noticably blue to my eye. Also need to keep in mind that whatever you get is going to end up shifting a little bit more blue after about 150 hours of use

5k is supposed to match color shifted 4300k bulbs mostly pure white slight hint of blue, 6k is a little more blue, noticably blue to my eye. Also need to keep in mind that whatever you get is going to end up shifting a little bit more blue after about 150 hours of use

I didn't know that! Is that the breaking period? And what's the big deal about these CBI bulbs? Are they worth it and do they come in 5k?

yea i guess it is like a break in period, its roughly 150 hours of use, almost all bulbs do it the exception being phillips 81522+ bulbs which stay at 4300k. Ebay bulbs almost always colorshift more than oem bulbs, i had ebay 4300k bulbs that colorshifted pink/purple by the time i got rid of them.

CBI bulbs are supposed to be a big deal cause theyre the only phillips branded 5000k bulbs you can buy, ive got morimoto 3five 5000k bulbs right now, probably nearing 150 hours and theyre still pretty true to their 5000k rating

yea i guess it is like a break in period, its roughly 150 hours of use, almost all bulbs do it the exception being phillips 81522+ bulbs which stay at 4300k. Ebay bulbs almost always colorshift more than oem bulbs, i had ebay 4300k bulbs that colorshifted pink/purple by the time i got rid of them.

CBI bulbs are supposed to be a big deal cause theyre the only phillips branded 5000k bulbs you can buy, ive got morimoto 3five 5000k bulbs right now, probably nearing 150 hours and theyre still pretty true to their 5000k rating
So I guess the CBI bulbs are worth it then. But $200 is a whole hell of a lot of money for some damn bulbs. And I'm going to assume they are only for retros and can't be used as just HID's. I still can't believe they are that much money.

Far as the color shift my ebay fogs shifted to a deep green after I got them and about 4 months in. They were like super gold 3k and then went really green.

Im sure CBIs are great, but theres no way im spending that much on bulbs. You wouldnt be able to use them without a retro, you need to get rebased bulbs to 9006 for pnp HIDs

Im sure CBIs are great, but theres no way im spending that much on bulbs. You wouldnt be able to use them without a retro, you need to get rebased bulbs to 9006 for pnp HIDs

That's what I thought. And I don't planning on spending that kinda $$$ on some damn bulbs. Ima just get my regular HID's in 5k and be happy and then save for the retro man. The down time with going boost can e stressful and long. I wouldn't recommend it unless you understand that your are reducing the dd Capabilities of the car. That's why I'm going for a lot of power this time around.

I thought I'd click on page 15 and see this thing supercharged already lol How does it feel going from speed demon to snail status? :giggle:

I thought I'd click on page 15 and see this thing supercharged already lol How does it feel going from speed demon to snail status? :giggle:

Lmao it's great actually! My snail status haven't got here yet :rotfl: but honestly I love it. I like getting into the car and not worrying about anything! The low end power is great.

Pics from my detail today!

evasuzeq.jpg

3ytaba9u.jpg

a8aqa3yt.jpg

edery4u8.jpg

This was wash, claybar, sealant, with wax on top! Very very very happy with the outcome!

Back