DIY Clutch Delay valve Removal

I got the clutch line off the slave cylinder real easy, but how the heck to I get it off the other end? Do I need to do anything with the clip or just turn the 10mm whatever nut CCW? I don't want to break the hard line that feeds into it. The connection point I'm talking about is next to the vehicle, not the one in the middle. I have pics of the left side by the slave cyclinder (easy disconnect) the middle (no need to disconnect) and the right side (can't get this prick disconnected?) Help!

20131003_190444.jpg 20131003_211908.jpg 20131003_211934.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the clutch line off the slave cylinder real easy, but how the heck to I get it off the other end? Do I need to do anything with the clip or just turn the 10mm whatever nut CCW? I don't want to break the hard line that feeds into it. The connection point I'm talking about is next to the vehicle, not the one in the middle. I have pics of the left side by the slave cyclinder (easy disconnect) the middle (no need to disconnect) and the right side (can't get this prick disconnected?) Help!

View attachment 27845 View attachment 27846 View attachment 27847
How is it connected on the underside? Does the bottom portion below the nut spin when you turn the top one?

IIRC you hold the upper nut with a wrench and loosen the lower nut (on the soft hose that comes up), if that's what you're asking. I put a large oil pan down to catch the brake fluid when the lower hose came loose, but not much came out.

I got it. I had to hit it with penetrating oil and use a vice grip. Even a 5 point wrench wouldn't do it. It was stripping out!

I got mine started with a pick, and then used a small jeweler type screwdriver.

Are those picks the only thing people have had success with? Cannot get the c clip out for the life of me.
Just keep at it. Took me like two hours to get it but I was also doing the rbc at the same time so I was exhausted lol. Make sure to take care when taking out the valve. Idk how I did it but I slightly tore the o-ring seal when removing it. Good luck and have patience!

Just keep at it. Took me like two hours to get it but I was also doing the rbc at the same time so I was exhausted lol. Make sure to take care when taking out the valve. Idk how I did it but I slightly tore the o-ring seal when removing it. Good luck and have patience!
IIRC there's a small hole on the opposite side of the slave. I just put a thin drill bit or maybe my jewler's screwdriver in there and carefully pushed the valve out from the rear. Came out great.

Back