Functional FB

So while I wait for the 20mm spacers to show up (literally one of the last pieces to show up) I thought I would be proactive and paint the rotor hats on the Wavespec's to help with rust prevention. Im kinda leaning towards the teal that Project Mu uses or maybe a color similar to Spoon brake calipers. The way Im gonna do this is with high temp primer, the teal/blue color with some sort of metalizer look/flake, and then clearing it with high temp clear and then painting the vented edge in black. I think it should look pretty sick once completed.

272916708_1079477882611972_3437433075752907535_n copy.jpg

272952344_255839403388003_218799922195975809_n copy.jpg273662784_3179460015705575_2081170634960347506_n copy.jpg

Last edited:
Got all my most recent parts installed tonight. Did the Wavespec rotors, camber bolts, and spacers. I wish I had brought one of the Hypergrams with me but I kinda forgot. I ended up raising the front up .5" and adding maybe another degree of negative camber. Camber plates are not maxed out but Im hoping to run at least -3.5 degrees which should get the 660s to fit better.

I couldnt find the teal color I was looking for so I did them in black.

I dont remember what day it was but I maxed out the top hats and then had an alignment done on the car the other day. Final numbers are -3.8 degrees front, -3.0 degrees rear, and zeroed out the toe for the front and rear because this is still a daily driver. It rides great but I am still gonna have the front fenders pulled a little bit

i been looking at your ride alot to ease my mind on putting 17x9 +45 / +35.
theyre advan Rz2 that came with Toyo Prox. 255/40 on them. im wondering if i should keep the tires on now lol

Was going to get 245 40

So Hyperfest was awesome as always, except it felt weird not to be running around doing media coverage so I kinda found myself meandering around the campground. Drove up from Charlotte, which is about a 2.25 hour drive, Friday mid morning. Had to make sure I got a good spot but unfortunately there werent a whole lot of spots available in the paddock so I found a nice grassy spot behind the Konig Wheels booth. I took the rest of the day Friday to snap some pictures of the events going on (I have more I just need to edit them)

Saturday was the started off super wet with a downpour that lasted about two hours. So my first ever VIR track session was in the rain...it was a little sketchy with some areas of the track turned into wading pools. Managed a time of 2:59. Second session was the first dry session and I managed to learn the track a little bit more and got a time of 2:41. The 3rd session got a little weird. For some reason as I am doing my warm up lap the ABS and VSC lights popped on along with power steering. I stopped in the pits and turned the car off to see if the lights would just go away but they didnt, which made me a little worried about not having ABS for the remainder of the session. I still managed a time of 2:44 and Im thinking that I may have broken and ABS sensor hitting some of the curbing on track but I havent checked yet. 4th session was my first solo session and not having an additional 200 lbs +/- of instructor weight surely made a difference as I was able to get a new PB of 2.38.125

View: https://youtu.be/Y11koYxaxxU

A lot has been happening over the last couple of weeks. Sold my Enkei's and Hankook 2 weeks ago and picked up a used pair of bronze Hypergrams. They came off a wrecked 2012 Si and unfortunately only 2 were good but they have a little rash on them. Gonna order the last pair within the month and then get them refinished and painted in a color similar to Volk Mag Blue. The color is called Hermosa Blue and its an Infiniti color. The sizing is 17x8 +35 and although I havent picked a tire yet, I know I am gonna run a 235/40 performance all season.

On Friday another member posted up on Instagram that he was selling a hood. Since my OEm one was in such terrible shape I jumped on the opportunity and drove down to Columbia to pick it up. He had a Seibon vented carbon hood thats looks pretty killer tbh. I just wish my wing matched it a little more.

Still doing track events? Here for :updates:
Sorry for the lack of updates. I wanted to drive the Jzilla track night at the Roval of Charlotte Motor Speedway but I used the money for some other things that I have either been wanting to get or need to get. I did however go anyway just to do some photo coverage and after talking with one of the guys who run Jzilla Track Days, I have exchanged some photos I took that day for a free track day event. They unfortunately wont be coming back to my area for the rest of the year but they will be down at Road Atlanta in August and October, so I have some time to choose with month I want to participate in.

The price isnt too bad...its around $400 for at least 2 hours of driving so shooting photos for track time is a done deal! As far as NASA goes, theres and event at CMP that I was wanting to go to but will be up at the Dragon instead and might do Road Atlanta in December. In between all of that Im going to the Dragon for the Classic Hondas event and again during the Labor Day weekend.

As far as updates on the build the last two wheels from Konig arrived today and i dropped them off at the powder coating place. After getting multiple quotes for paint work, it was roughly the same price to get them powder coated and is usually more durable than paint. For the color I am still doing blue but I am in between gloss or matte blue gunmetal. Its difficult trying to find examples in the colors I want. I purchased new tires for those wheels as well and went with the Falken Pro G5 A/S in 245/40/17. Its gonna be nice to drive on a much more daily-able setup than these 660s.

The look I'm going for
L

And lastly I talked with my sponsor Yellow Speed Racing. They are gonna build me a comp coilover that is valved for high spring rates. I am doing 12k fronts and 18k rears. I should have a buyer lined up for the current suspension out in California somewhere.

Well Discount Tire kinda screwed me on the Falkens I ordered. I put the order in two weeks ago and at first they told me that Fedex had them and they were being delayed somewhere but then yesterday they tell me that the warehouse in Florida hadnt even shipped them yet. Since I dont trust thatnthey'd make it to me in time for my vacation next Thursday I went with some Continentals that they had in stock at the store. I went with the Control Contact Sport SRS+ in 245/40 and they gave them to me for the original price of the Falkens.

I also got my Konigs back and they LOOK AMAZING. Exactly the color I was looking for!

Back