Functional FB

So its been a couple of weeks and not much has been done to the car other than tint FINALLY. Went with 20%. My rear sway bar came in, ordered it from FRSport.com and got it cheaper than all the other sites. $278 shipped which is about $60 cheaper...got here in two days too.

I also went and had some numberplate magnets made, something thats easier to maintain and take off when Im not using them.

Let me know how you like that sway bar, I’m battling between getting a 22 or a 24

Let me know how you like that sway bar, I’m battling between getting a 22 or a 24
Oh its pretty awesome. I made some adjustments last Thursday and set it on the firmest setting. I can already feel a huge improvement in the way the car handles. I also made a dampening adjustment on the coilovers and set the front to 30 and the rear to 33. This car is stiff but not overly stiff to where it isnt drivable.

Reactions: Dad
Oh its pretty awesome. I made some adjustments last Thursday and set it on the firmest setting. I can already feel a huge improvement in the way the car handles. I also made a dampening adjustment on the coilovers and set the front to 30 and the rear to 33. This car is stiff but not overly stiff to where it isnt drivable.

What year is your car?

Get a 22mm for the first year or two of production. Get the 24mm for later years.

Unfortunately, I cannot remember if the front say bar size was increased in 2013 or 2014. You will have to look at part numbers to determine when it changed.

What year is your car?

Get a 22mm for the first year or two of production. Get the 24mm for later years.

Unfortunately, I cannot remember if the front say bar size was increased in 2013 or 2014. You will have to look at part numbers to determine when it changed.
2012. I believe the FSB on the later years is 21mm

Took the civic up to the Tail of the Dragon this past Saturday. The car felt awesome and the rear sway bar made a huge difference. I could feel the rear end rotating a lot which on a public road like that might be a little much but on a bigger and wider road like a closed track I'll feel a lot more comfortable if something were to happen. I went up with about 20 other Hondas from 4 different states. I had a good run going up towards TN, sitting behind an 8th gen coupe (to which he said "I kinda wish I wasnt in front of you holding you back"). We didnt hit too much traffic the first time and the ones we did used the pull-offs which was nice. The rest of my group wasnt so fortunate and got stuck behind some cruisers and drove through a corner where a TN state trooper had been sitting doing about 10-15 over. Myself and the FG2 had pulled over to the pull-off and about 2 minutes later the rest of my group comes rolling in with sirens (BIG OOF). Luckily all they got was a warning.

We all grabbed some photos and then headed to the 129 Hub for some lunch. After lunch we drove back up the dragon and caught a lot of traffic and made a short 2 minute clip of the only good run we could make. We weren't able to really push it since our radar was warning us of a trooper shooting radar somewhere and I wasnt trying to get a ticket.

We all eventually left the Dragon and headed for the Fontana Dam to get pictures down below and eventually up top. I had a great time and want to go back one more time this year but maybe around November.

So this morning I went and purchased some different Hawk pads. I have been noticing a little brake fade while up in the mountains and while the pads im currently running are better than basic pads, I think running something a little more aggressive might be beneficial. I had looked at the Hawk DTC-70/60 pads but I feel like those are geared more to dedicated track cars and are just about useless in cold conditions. So I went with the HP+ pads front and rear. I think the overall game plan is to try running the HP+ in the front and keeping the HPS for the rear but I guess I can play around with the setup. I would also be swapping the pads back and forth from daily driving to track/touge runs. A lot of people who run these HP+ say they are a little noisy and are dusty so swapping them out with the HPS for DD conditions just makes sense. Seems like a hassle to most but I dont mind.

This past weekend was very much unplanned. I was kinda hoping to not do much of anything but a buddy of mine was at the Dragon for a Mazdaspeed fall event. He needed a part that was available back home and asked if I could bring it up to him. In return I'd have a place to stay for the weekend and my gas and food would be covered for. I had a great time as usual and even tried a midnight run going up and down the dragon...something I've never done before. I was only a passenger during one back in 2016 and I got motion sickness due to some bad food I ate beforehand, but this time I was good to go and had a blast.

Now Im supposed to be going back again this coming Saturday with a member on here but idky. Thats a lot of driving to do and gas isnt necessarily cheap right now. We'll see though.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-QHbmAnBiQ&t=20s

Back