8th Gen hello from a 8th gen owner.

the only thing you have to worry about with the alpha is it cracking, and beating into the firewall every time you drive the car because of the 19mm difference between the k20 and k24 block

the only thing you have to worry about with the alpha is it cracking, and beating into the firewall every time you drive the car because of the 19mm difference between the k20 and k24 block

Yea f-that dont want to mess with any of that ish. Is there acheaper option than asp? Ive been on k20 and Joe McCarthy seems to have a header that out preforms the asp but he doesn't have it in production. So some help that is.

i dont but asp headers are suuuuuper legit, my buddy out here bought one when we built his k24 and it was so pretty we didnt want to install it

So some new news on my Build. I will be buying tranny rebuild stuff first before my cam install, so that I have a good shifting and make sure tranny can handle all that torque :vtec: :wink: haha. But im gonna go ahead and make that custom 3" collector header and custom exhaust hopefully within the month and im already half way on saving for just the tranny rebuild kit. Im still trying to decide on buying new gears or not. Ill replace anything that needs it.

Actually ordering the the few things I need for my header today and then ill be getting the mufflers and making my exhaust soon after.

So this is the basic exhaust ill be building just turned to the side at a angle instead of dumped straight down. The first 3 pics were taken from
http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=113665
gedetusa.jpg

a7ava3e2.jpg

a7ade7ar.jpg

But instead of it being dumped straight down, I want it at a 45 degree angle to the side and down at the first bend.
2agaqe8u.jpg

Kinda like so just better than I can drawl on my phone. And im also trying to decide on one or two straight through mufflers.
If i gain from the custom header outlet and new exhaust then hell yea but if not ill have fun making it. Any input?

Last edited:
So I some of the stuff im gonna go get a 3 bolt flange gasket later from auto store. And the header should by next weekend.
ebatahyv.jpg

Edit: Now I have the gasket
ada6y6yv.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Nix
so i have a little update bought these and am looking for the best deal and so far a vendor on k20 has the cheapest so far
K Series Dual springs/retainers/seat/keepers are $350 Shipped, and just paid for these and there in route to me
http://www.ebay.com/itm/221451954704?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

So all I'm needing after I buy my valvetrain, is to buy is a Hybrid Racing TCT and I'm gonna pick up their SS assembly for now and everything else after i get this cam install done.

Supertech Valve Spring Set D/B/F/H/K-series - JDM Honda Parts USA
on that page it says
"Dual valve spring bases (Supertech or OEM Honda)
Valve guide seals (Supertech or OEM Honda)
- installing dual v.spring base's require valve guide seals to be removed and replaced
Dual valve spring retainers x 16pcs (*Supertech or OEM Honda)
- keepers from 02-04 K-series engines (w/single springs) can and should be reused!
- 05+ K-series engines must use 02-04 K-series dual v.spring retainers & keepers upon switching to dual v.springs.
* Supertech Titanium retainer design is based off the 02-04 RSX Type-S K20A2 retainers.

If your K-series has dual v.springs on the intake side and single springs on the exhaust side, then you only need the listed components for the exhaust side of your head."

And I want to make sure I'm buying all that is needed for installation what I'm buying as of right now:
Supertech (K Series Dual springs/retainers/seat)
Supertech Keepers for any 4cly engine

photo_zps61f3abc2.jpg

got them today and i had to wait to get my valvetrain because i had to buy a new bed.
but will resume as soon as i get 450 in savings and im already at 250 so twoish weeks. maybe less but then i need to get hybridracing tct and ill be all set to put it all in.

haha thats funny, me and the wife has been sleeping on a twin mattress on the floor for 2.5 years so i think i had put it off long enough but im already back in with 250 saved for more car parts, im extreamly happy i only have two more orders and then its cam install.

So I have a question, should I replace valve guides and valve seals? I'm already replacing the valves, 92lb Dual valve springs, Spring Seats, Titanium Retainers, and keepers.

So valve train is getting put on hold AGAIN!! Im sending the zdx tb off to be ported soon and then sell my skunk2 tb, yospeed tow hook, skunk2 short shift adapter, fd2 knob, and aem cai, and I should have enough money to get the stuff to install the cams.

Back