Official 'What did you do to your car today?' Thread

Well...kinda went on a binge. Ordered a set of truhart lowering springs and a new windshield banner after the downpipe. Prolly need to get some rear camber arms, so i might wait to install the lowering springs until i have those so i can dial in rear camber after the drop. But I'm excited that things are moving forward with the car again. I'll be on vacation in Gatlinburg TN next weekend. So install for exhaust stuff ain't happening until after that most likely.

Nice! :woot:

Finally the downpipe has arrived! Won't get to it this weekend since my kids birthday party is tomorrow. So prolly two weeks... by then the other stuff i ordered should be in as well. I'll prolly find camber arms just so i can dial in the rear with the lowering springs. But i am excited to be doing more stuff qith the civic. It really does get me excited seeing some progress.

Attachments

• 20220813_100951.jpg
    20220813_100951.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 3
So..... couldn't wait. Got the PLM downpipe, Yonaka exhaust and Hybrid Racing coil cover (which i wrapped with some leftover 5d carbon vinyl) thrown in tonight. Took a few hours and a few bruises/ scrapes. Can you say it was fun if you don't? Lol. But it also took extra long since i had to cut the old cat/ downpipe in two different spots by hand to get the old stuff out. Sounds amazing, i love it. Not too loud, just right. I'll post video of it tomorrow.

Attachments

• 20220813_225032.jpg
    20220813_225032.jpg
    921.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 20220814_001843.jpg
    20220814_001843.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 4
  • 20220814_001913.jpg
    20220814_001913.jpg
  • 20220814_010659.jpg
    20220814_010659.jpg
  • 20220814_011016.jpg
    20220814_011016.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 5
Ordered the following:

* New Reverse/backup camera - the one I ordered almost 2 years ago broke.. Well the clip that holds it in broke. I got back from vacation and was backing into a spot at work and noticed the camera looked crooked. Walked to the trunk and saw I could move the camera... Ugh
* Plastic Clips for the trunk liner - Missing 1 and I broke 2 yesterday messing with it..

I need to put the spoiler back onto the Accord.. The double-sided tape that it came with wasn't holding well so I took the spoiler off. I need to get some decent double-sided tape. Recommendations? It needs to be the thin strips.

Reactions: Dad
I have to build the suspense....it's not like the car is building boost (at the moment). :)

Anyhow, I needed to replace the rear subframe bushings as they were original rubber from 25yrs ago. So, I decided to do a full rear subframe assembly restoration. I completely broke everything down for powder coat which was completed just last week. Next is to order new seals and what not, then begin reassembly. So, overall, it is nothing super awesome, just some cosmetic and age improvements that most will never see since it will be under the car. But, it will be the nicest car in the junkyard in 30yrs. As for the colors, I went with a red/black/gold scheme as I had done before with my engine rebuild. Here are some pics of where things are at the moment.

Not Civic related, but I managed to make a bit of progress on my Stealth rear subframe refurbishment project I last commented on in May as I finally got a few parts in from Mitsubishi (still waiting on several more). The basics are that I was able to complete the reassembly of my rear diff and the initial assembly of the left trailing arm assembly. The rear diff was huge for me as this was the first time I have put one together and set it up, setting pinion height, backlash, gear engagement, and bearing preload, all a bit more complex than some may realize. Anyhow, attached are some pics for your enjoyment.

Rear diff:
Rear Diff 01.jpg Rear Diff 02.jpg Rear Diff 03.jpg

Left trailing arm:
L Trailing Arm 01.jpg

Ordered the following:

* New Reverse/backup camera - the one I ordered almost 2 years ago broke.. Well the clip that holds it in broke. I got back from vacation and was backing into a spot at work and noticed the camera looked crooked. Walked to the trunk and saw I could move the camera... Ugh
* Plastic Clips for the trunk liner - Missing 1 and I broke 2 yesterday messing with it..

I need to put the spoiler back onto the Accord.. The double-sided tape that it came with wasn't holding well so I took the spoiler off. I need to get some decent double-sided tape. Recommendations? It needs to be the thin strips.

or get that Type S you recently got permission to buy?

So..... couldn't wait. Got the PLM downpipe, Yonaka exhaust and Hybrid Racing coil cover (which i wrapped with some leftover 5d carbon vinyl) thrown in tonight. Took a few hours and a few bruises/ scrapes. Can you say it was fun if you don't? Lol. But it also took extra long since i had to cut the old cat/ downpipe in two different spots by hand to get the old stuff out. Sounds amazing, i love it. Not too loud, just right. I'll post video of it tomorrow.
why??

Got a quick question, does this look like a bad engine mount? I found this video on youtube and it mentions when the black plastic piece is drooping down, it means its time to replace (and it looks exactly like mine) https://www.youtube.com/shorts/LQb_-Cg1K90

this is a r18 btw

302548719_10227596732293984_3427921879415095912_n.jpg

Why did i have to cut the other one off? The previous owner just cobbled an exhaust together but welded all of it, so i couldn't rotate it enough to slide out the opening through the bottom...meh.
oh, was gonna say, if its stock it comes out without cutting it.

Minor updates. (I really need to get better about taking pics) I put on some new lower window trim on all 4 doors since the rubber was shot. And my new fog light assemblies came in today. Yellow lenses with yellow 3k led bulbs I'm hoping will look more like yellow halogen bulbs as far as color, but if not it's fine. One of my stock fog lights had a lens get busted up pretty good. Gotta install those tonight. I'll try to remember to take pics, lol

I need to replace the rubber door trim at the bottom of the windows on my Civic as well; I just never seem to make time to buy them (or ensure I have enough money for the parts).

I need to replace the rubber door trim at the bottom of the windows on my Civic as well; I just never seem to make time to buy them (or ensure I have enough money for the parts).
I think i paid $40 or $60 for all 4 doors. Mine were aftermarket, not genuine Honda parts, but they fit and look just as good. I'm satisfied with how much better it looks.

I'm debating on whether the roof rails are worth it. But i do need a new wiper cowl and prolly the sunroof trim on the roof for sure. It's funny how i enjoy these little things that bring the car back to looking new as much as other upgrades.

Yeah, the sun roof seal (the rubber around the glass) is another one of those things I need to consider before long as well. Mine is dried and has visible cracking.

Yeah, the sun roof seal (the rubber around the glass) is another one of those things I need to consider before long as well. Mine is dried and has visible cracking.
Good luck finding the part. I couldn’t find just the rubber seal but I never went to the dealership.

By the way it appears to me, the rubber is molded to the glass and cannot be replaced separately; but, I didn't really poke at it to be sure, just my observation. If that is true, a simple repair gets to be much more expensive (which is part of the reason I haven't really messed with it).

Back