Buddy Club Quick Shift Kit

I really want some of these, but $70 is a bit steep...

Separately they are. I paid 288 for everything. BC shifter, BC Knob, base bushings and cable bushings. I'm pretty happy with the package price. If the shifter / base bushing perform as expected, it'll be a sweet setup. The only things left for me to do will be suede with red stitched shift boot with collar and a braided clutch line. I will be done with the Tranny, shifter, shifting until it's time for a clutch.

Kirk

I assume you have done something similar before...or at least perused the DIY for the adapter and base bushings?

I read the DIY and have done the bushings on my 8th Si. I always like to allow twice the time needed though as Murphy and I are really tight.

Kirk

Reactions: 323
Installed the BC shifter and Hybrid Racing base bushings. Added pics after my first post with pics. Here is one of the finished job.

Kirk

WP_20130604_024.jpg

Excellent job! You want to do mine too?

How well did the Hybrid Racing base bushing fit the BC shifter?

Sure. Come on down!

Purrfect.

I'm not sure about the knob yet, I picked it because I got tired of burning a shift pattern into my palm with the stock metal knob. (SoCal) It's lighter than stock though, so we'll see tomorrow morning on the way to work.

Kirk

Sure. Come on down!

Purrfect.

I'm not sure about the knob yet, I picked it because I got tired of burning a shift pattern into my palm with the stock metal knob.
Kirk

That's so true, if you leave it in the sun! It's like the 1st Indiana Jones movie....permanently burned into your palm! How's the new setup feel? I've missed 3rd a couple times because I was so used to the short shifter in my 12, and it was only an adapter.

That's so true, if you leave it in the sun! It's like the 1st Indiana Jones movie....permanently burned into your palm! How's the new setup feel? I've missed 3rd a couple times because I was so used to the short shifter in my 12, and it was only an adapter.

That is exactly why I went this route. It feels awesome. Saturday I'll let you take a drive and check it out for your self!!! The BC knob does not heat up at all.

That is exactly why I went this route. It feels awesome. Saturday I'll let you take a drive and check it out for your self!!! The BC knob does not heat up at all.

I don't think you want me to drive your car... I drove Arm0ged0n around in his car and he turned white! I bet it feels amazing

Last edited:
I used to have that knob in a different car. The top doesn't get hot but the bottom does. Also, be careful that the white part does not come unscrewed from the metal bottom part. The metal is very sharp to the touch around the edge, and the two pieces do separate.

Last edited:
I used to have that knob in a different car. The top doesn't get hot but the bottom does. Also, be careful that the white part does not come unscrewed from the metal bottom part. The metal is very sharp to the touch around the edge.

Cool, appreciate the heads up. I paid $21 for the knob so if I don't end up keeping it, it's not a huge loss.

Loved reading this thread. It got funny right above :rotfl:. CappyKD. So how's the Buddy Club short shifter package? Is the shift lever the same, shorter, or longer overall, than oem? Reason I wonder is I've heard it sits up an inch higher than stock. I'm already shorter than stock, love it, and have a short shift adapter worth @30% shorter throw, so I wonder how much I might like this. And, side by side, the two cages look identical. Thx.

Last edited:
I got the billet pro installed yesterday,with my moddication knob the throw is so short it's rediculas,it's a great combo.

Those of you with the Buddy Club short shifter and Hybrid Racing cable bushings, have you had any issues with the shift lever returning to the center while in neutral? After installing my Hybrid Racing bushings, when moving the lever to the left it does not spring back whereas when it's moved to the right it does. I put my OEM bushings back in, the lever springs back to the center as usual from the left and right. Since then I have put the Hybrid Racing bushings back in and the issue still persists. I haven't tried putting the OEM shifter assembly back in yet to diagnose the issue.

Those of you with the Buddy Club short shifter and Hybrid Racing cable bushings, have you had any issues with the shift lever returning to the center while in neutral? After installing my Hybrid Racing bushings, when moving the lever to the left it does not spring back whereas when it's moved to the right it does. I put my OEM bushings back in, the lever springs back to the center as usual from the left and right. Since then I have put the Hybrid Racing bushings back in and the issue still persists. I haven't tried putting the OEM shifter assembly back in yet to diagnose the issue.

I have not seen that issue. hmmm.

Back