Functional FB

Its been nearly 1.5 weeks since my 3rd/4th track day back on the 6th and 7th and Im kind of slacking on posting the results...so here we go. Went back to Carolina Motorsports Park for the second time this year. I entered again doing HPDE1 with the hopes of passing my check ride into DE2 (solo driving). The difference this time around was my instructor who has been racing Hondas for 20 years and has multiple Honda Challenge cars was a great help in instructing me how to setup the car. The first track days I already felt pretty comfortable with my abilities that I could drive solo but to be safe went the same route this time. After the 3rd session I was already 1 second faster than my best time back in May with an instructor in the car. After the 4th session (last of Saturday) and first solo run, I was sitting at 3.29x seconds faster than my PB in May with a 2:00.156. Track Addict puts a theoretical lap at a 1:59.xxx which would be what I was chasing for (or anything under 2 minutes). The one thing right now slowing me down are tires and everyone Ive talked to seems to think the same.

Lovely build! How are your wheels/tires holding up? Do they rub?
So about a week prior to the track weekend I had raised my rear up 3/4" and left the fronts alone. I still get a little rubbing on big dips so I may end of moving the front up 1/2 - 3/4" as well...or I could find a way to add more front camber. As far as the tires themselves, theyre a good dd/spirited driving tire but Ive done everything I can think of to improve them on track and I cant get anymore out of them.

The enkeis are doing fantastic which is kinda surprising since I never had them ceramic coated. They have maybe a few light scratches from improper washing but the paint and finish is holding up well and they have no curbing, cracks, or bends. I took them off the car a week ago because I am having them refinished in a different color. I am leaning towards Racing Indigo Blue Metallic that Yokohama uses on the Advans. On an old TSX build that I had, I found an Infiniti color that almost matched Magnesium Blue from Volk and want to go in a similar direction with these Enkeis. Afterwards, these will be used strictly for street use and will be getting a similar spec wheel in the Konig Hypergrams with Hankook RS4s for the track and Touge runs.

Not much is happening with the civic right now but I did get to go to Road Atlanta and drive it for the first time.

I signed up for the inaugural Hyundai Performance Academy at Road Atlanta and it was completely free. We did auto-x and got to drive the full course. I managed to place first in podium with a lap of 24.39 seconds in kinda wet conditions and then snuck myself into another later session in very wet conditions and went faster at 24.18 seconds. Really cool experience getting to drive the full course which ultimately will prepare me for when the time comes to drive the civic out there.

View: https://youtu.be/JAxTGN9p-VU

Hope everyone had an awesome NYE. I think I was able to accomplish a lot in the short amount of time that I have had this car and look forward to the future.

Goals for the build this year
  • More seat time
  • More tracks
  • More track mods
Im planning to visit 3 new tracks this year. Atlanta Motorsports Park with either NASA Southeast or Gridlife (who is finally coming back to the South after leaving Road Atlanta two years ago), Virginia International Raceway for Hyperfest, and possibly Roebling Road Raceway down in Savannah, GA.

As far as mods for the "DD" im looking at an OMP WRC-R XL fixed seat since its only one of 2 maybe 3 seats that I can fit into. I could live with a fixed seat since most of my traveling is around town with most of my vacation travel under 3 hours.

A second set of wheels and tires are coming which is something Ive touched on previously but have decided to go with the RS4s which should give me the most seat time this year without having to swap tires.

Gonna be looking into some sort of exhaust cause I would actually like to hear my car. Looking at GReddy or Invidia.

What did those things set you back? Tire prices, like everything else, has been creeping up a lot lately.

Picked up an exhaust tonight. It totally wasnt planned to get one this soon but I thought the price was pretty good so I got it. It's a K-tuned catback and it's not in pristine condition but for $250 im not complaining. It doesnt have any holes in it and could just use new gaskets but other than that looks okay.

So I had the exhaust put on last night with the help of a friend. I was really only there to help him film the install and we had 30 minutes to do the install before we went out to dinner with some other friends. Install was super easy and we had zero issues. Im still going to the store at some point to grab some NeverDull to polish up the muffler and I need to order the Torque Solution poly hangers so that the exhaust doesnt vibrate and shake. Im working on a video of my own and we're expecting some more winter weather today and tomorrow so hopefully I can get it done this weekend.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvKklWtPntI

So I had the exhaust put on last night with the help of a friend. I was really only there to help him film the install and we had 30 minutes to do the install before we went out to dinner with some other friends. Install was super easy and we had zero issues. Im still going to the store at some point to grab some NeverDull to polish up the muffler and I need to order the Torque Solution poly hangers so that the exhaust doesnt vibrate and shake. Im working on a video of my own and we're expecting some more winter weather today and tomorrow so hopefully I can get it done this weekend.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvKklWtPntI

Why you look so serious? :giggle: Your friend (Corey) seems chill.

YouTuber (Corey) was like probably some eBay **** :rotfl:

Should have him link your 9th Civic build thread from here in his video description! :)

I like the new exhaust. It's my type of exhaust. :thumbsup:

Back